Get creative with the Pen Lifter add-on for the :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit. This add-on allows you to take full advantage of the pen hole in the Kitronik :MOVE Motor.
Once fitted, the add-on allows you to control when the pen is in use with code. The assembly holds the pen firmly in place and the supplied servo can be used to raise and lower the pen. This will allow the user to create complex patterns without any unsightly travel marks.
The kit comprises a set of 3 laser-cut parts, a single 180-degree servo, a rubber band, and the fixings required to put it together. The kit requires no soldering but there is some simple mechanical assembly. The kit is supplied with a booklet that walks the user through every aspect of the assembly.
We have also created an online MakeCode tutorial, to help you get up and running straight away. Work through the guide, one step at a time, building your code in the editor as you go.
- This kit is NOT supplied with a pen.
- No soldering is required but there is some simple mechanical assembly.
- This kit is intended for use with the :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit.
- Add a pen to the :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit, which can be raised or lowered with code.
- Draw complex shapes without unsightly 'travel' lines.
- This add-on is supplied with full assembly instructions.
- 1 x 180-degree servo.
- 1 x M4 x 12mm Pan Head screw.
- 1 x M3 x 12mm Countersunk screw.
- 1 x M3 x Hex Steel Nut.
- 2 x M3 x 10mm Pan Head screw.
- 1 x Set of laser-cut parts (3 pieces).
- 1 x Rubber band.
- 1 x :MOVE Motor for BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Small cross-head screwdriver.
- A Pen.