The Grove - Light & Color & proximity sensor is TMG39931 based product, which features advanced detection, Proximity detection, Digital Ambient Light Sense(ALS), Color Sense(RGBC), and optical pattern generation/transmission for broadcast. This four-in-one sensor allows you to collect the data from ambient environmet and ntransfers over the I2C bus.
- Single device integrated optical solution
- Ambient light sensing
- UV and IR blocking filters
- Complex sensing
- Ideal for operation behind dark glass - High sensitivity
- Proximity detection
- Barcode pattern generation and transmission
- Dual use of a single internal LED
- Trimmed to provide consistent reading
- Color Sense
- Ambient Light Sensing
- Cell Phone Touch Screen Disable
- Mechanical Switch Replacement
- Printed Bar Code Emulation
detection utilizes four directional photodiodes to sense reflected IR energy (sourced by the integrated LED) to convert physical motion information to a digital information.
The proximity detection features provides object detection by photodiode detection of reflected IR energy(Sourced by the integrated LED).
Digital Ambient Light Sense & Color Sense
The Color and ALS detection feature provides red, green, blue and clear light intensity data. Each of the R, G, B, C channels have a UV and IR blocking filter and a dedicated data converter producing16-bit data simultaneously. This architecture allows applications to accurately measure ambient light and sense color which enables devices to calculate illuminance and color temperature, control display backlight, and chromaticity.