Grove - Barometer (High-Accuracy) Sensor features an HP206C high-accuracy chip to detect barometric pressure, Altimeter, and temperature. It can widely measure pressure ranging from 300mbar~1200mbar, with super high accuracy of 0.01mbar(0.1m) in ultra-high resolution mode. The chip only accepts 1.8V to 3.6V input voltage. However, with the outer circuit added, this module becomes compatible with 3.3V and 5V. Therefore, it can be used on Arduino boards without modification. It is designed to be connected directly to a microcontroller via the I2C bus.
- Digital two-wire (I2C) interface
- Command-based Reading, Compensated (Optional)
- Programmable Events and Interrupt Controls
- Full Data Compensation
- Wide barometric pressure range
- Flexible supply voltage range
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Altitude resolution down to 0.01 meter
- Temperature measurement included
What is Barometer
A barometer is a widely used weather instrument that measures atmospheric pressure (also known as air pressure or barometric pressure) -- the weight of the air in the atmosphere. It is one of the basic sensors included in weather stations. Barometers have evolved through the centuries and come in all shapes and sizes. It is also used in more industries than just the weather and climate sectors.