ARDUINO Arduino Education Student Kit
- Availability: In stock
- Delivery time:1-2 days
- Article number:ARD-AKX00025-R
- Availability: In stock
- Delivery time:1-2 days
Learn the basics of programming, coding and electronics, including current, voltage and digital logic. No prior knowledge or experience is necessary as the kit guides you through step by step.
You’ll get all the hardware and software you need for one person, making it ideal to use for remote teaching, homeschooling, and for self-learning. There are step-by-step lessons, exercises, and for a complete and in-depth experience, there’s also extra content, including invention spotlights, concepts, and interesting facts about electronics, technology, and programming.
Lessons and projects can be paced according to individual abilities, allowing them to learn from home at their own level. The kit can also be integrated into different subjects such as physics, chemistry, and even history. In fact, there’s enough content for an entire semester.
How educators can use the kit for remote teaching
The online platform contains all the content you need to teach remotely: exclusive learning guidance content, tips for remote learning, nine 90-minute lessons, and two open-ended projects. Each lesson builds off the previous one, providing a further opportunity to apply the skills and concepts students have already learned. They also get a logbook to complete as they work through the lessons.
The beginning of each lesson provides an overview, estimated completion times, and learning objectives. Throughout each lesson, there are tips and information that will help to make the learning experience easier. Key answers and extension ideas are also provided.
How the kit helps parents homeschool their children
This is your hands-on, step-by-step remote learning starter kit that will help your child learn the basics of programming, coding, and electronics at home. As a parent, you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience as you are guided through step-by-step. The kit is linked directly into the curriculum so you can be confident that your children are learning what they should be. The kit additionally provides an opportunity for them to become confident in programming and electronics. You’ll also be helping them to acquire vital skills like critical thinking and problem-solving.
Self-learning with the Arduino Student Kit
Students can use this kit to introduce themselves to the basics of electronics, programming, and coding. As all the lessons follow step-by-step instructions, it’s straightforward for them to work their way through and learn on their own. The students can work at their own pace, have fun with all the real-world projects, and increase their confidence as they go. They don’t require any previous knowledge as everything is clearly explained, coding is pre-written, and there’s a vocabulary of concepts to refer to.
The Arduino Student kit comes with several parts and components that will be used to build circuits while completing the lessons and projects throughout the course. Here is a brief description of what is included in the kit:
- Access code to exclusive online content including learning guidance notes, step-by-step lessons and extra materials such as resources, invention spotlights and a digital logbook with solutions.
- 1 Arduino Uno
- 1 USB cable
- 1 Board mounting base
- 1 Multimeter
- 1 9V battery snap
- 1 9V battery
- 20 LEDs (5 red, 5 green, 5 yellow & 5 blue )
- 5 Resistors 560 Ω
- 5 Resistors 220 Ω
- 1 Breadboard 400 points
- 1 Resistor 1kΩ
- 1 Resistor 10kΩ
- 1 Small Servo motor
- 2 Potentiometers 10kΩ
- 2 Knob potentiometers
- 2 Capacitors 100uF Solid core jumper wires
- 5 Pushbuttons
- 1 Phototransistor
- 2 Resistors 4.7kΩ
- 1 Jumper wire black
- 1 Jumper wire red
- 1 Temperature sensor
- 1 Piezo
- 1 Jumper wire female to male red
- 1 Jumper wire female to male black
- 3 Nuts and Bolts
- All the lessons are available online for parents, students and educators following in a linear way.
- Access to an online platform which helps students take their first steps into the world of electronics and inventions
- Specific online content for educators with learning guidance
- Nine step-by-step lessons with up to 25 hours of learning time, covering:
- Basic concepts of electricity
- Safety in class
- Writing code
- Controlling a circuit
- Coding concepts
- Controlling a servo motor
- Producing sounds, tones, and music
- Measuring the intensity of light
- Two open-ended projects:
-Design, build and program a climate-control system for greenhouse;
-Build a holiday light circuit.
-These projects don’t have a right or wrong answer - the solution to the project question is unique to each individual.
- The logbook is a digital workbook that needs to be completed throughout the lessons.
- A digital logbook that students can use to annotate their exercises, observations, and experiments. Educators, parents, and self-learners can also use the logbook to find solutions.
- Learn in the Invention Spotlight section about different inventions and facts behind the topics and lessons, giving a broader view and historical insight.
- Extra hints, such as after-class research, ideas to develop intecurricula studies, presentations and short information, that give a more comprehensive experience.
- The lessons also come with words that might be unfamiliar. Do some of our suggested vocabulary activities for better understanding. These activities can be considered as in-class extension activities or as additional assignments to be completed on your own.
How do I access the online content?
Each kit comes with a unique activation code, displayed under the lid of the kit of the packaging, which has to be redeemed in order to access the online content.
In order to access the online content for the first time, you will need to go to studentkit.arduino.cc, enter your activation code, select your role (educator or student), and create an account. After that, you can access the online content by logging in to studentkit.arduino.cc with your account.