2. Why should you share your personal data with RATO EDUCATION?
Sharing your personally identifiable information enables us to offer you a number of benefits. It will make it easier and more convenient for you to:
- Register so can receive all the benefits to which you are entitled;
- Request information specific to your interests;
- Participate in online communities;
- Receive personalized messages and special offers that are relevant to your interests;
- Participate in our loyalty program;
- Save time by storing your preferences.
You can share your personally identifiable information with us by registering on our Website.
3. What personal data is collected
RATO EDUCATION may collect personal data in connection with your use or purchase of RATO EDUCATION’s products and services. Such personal data may include information provided in connection with the following:
- Registering or filling in forms on our Website. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about RATO EDUCATION’s products and services or sign up to receive RATO EDUCATION’s e-mail newsletters, loyalty program or coupons;
- Completing a profile on the Website;
- Purchasing any product or service from RATO EDUCATION;
- Providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to RATO EDUCATION;
- Requesting information or assistance from RATO EDUCATION;
- Participating or responding to consumer surveys or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns and preferences regarding RATO EDUCATION’s products and services;
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- Using other features of the Website that may be offered from time to time, and may require such information in order to utilize the feature.
4. Sharing information
5. Cookies and website logging
6. Data provided by yourself
Besides the data collected by automated means, we also process data which you have provided to us. This includes, but is not limited to:
- your contact information, including your (first and last) name, (billing or delivery) address, email address and your telephone number;
- if you have created an online profile, the preferences and interests stored in this profile;
- if you have contacted customer service, the details of this contact and the contact history;
- if you have registered for our loyalty program, your contact information.
7. How is the collected data used
We will use the information we have gathered about you to provide a convenient experience for you and to provide you with offers concerning our products and services. If you have provided us with your personal data in relation to a promotion, an event, a (mobile) application, etc., we may send you emails or other messages which relate to the service you have requested. If you contact customer service, we will use your personal data (including your contact history) so that customer service is able to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. If you have given your consent to receive newsletters, we will send them to you. If you have given us your personal data during a sale of a service, we will inform you about similar services. We may also contact you to ask for your feedback on products or services. You can immediately unsubscribe from these notifications at any time and no costs by clicking on a link in the corresponding e-mail or other message (see further below in section 8.1 ). If you have consented to be contacted we may contact you per regular mail, e-mail, per SMS, per telephone or any other electronic means for marketing, advertising and opinion research purposes. This includes for example information related to products of RATO EDUCATION, special offers, promotions. In order to be able to contact you with information which is of special interest for you, your overall interaction with RATO EDUCATION and the RATO EDUCATION Partners (such as but not limited to your use of loyalty programs, your ratings and reviews of products and services, your contact history with our customer service, your newsletter clicks/ opening results, your surfing behaviour (web tracking), the newsletter types you are subscribed to, your participation in promotions or events and your use of (mobile) applications), will be combined, analysed and used. We may provide your contact data to our RATO EDUCATION Partners for marketing, advertising and opinion research purposes. Please find at section 8 information on your rights and especially how you can withdraw your consent.
8. Your rights
8.1 Right to object
E-mails that RATO EDUCATION sends to you that contain for instance a newsletter or marketing content, have the option to terminate the receiving of such e-mails (unsubscribe) by following the relevant instructions in the respective e-mail. If you want to stop receiving emails from us, you can simply click on this unsubscribe hyperlink and we will stop sending our emails to you. If you do not wish information about your behavior at our Website or (mobile) application being collected and assessed, you can opt-out of the gathering of the web analytics data as described below. If you wish to object to receiving promotional information and offers in general, so including by regular mail, e-mail, per SMS, by telephone or by any other electronic means, or if you want to withdraw your consent, you may at any time write to RATO EDUCATION, Suikertorenweg 40, 2560 Kessel, Belgium, reference: data protection, or send an e-mail to [email protected]
EDUCATION.eu. In case we have doubt about your identity, we can ask you to identify yourself (e.g. by sending a copy of your passport ID). With regard to other types of messages you may receive, such as maintenance announcements or administrational notifications, the receiving of these can only be terminated by deleting your account, as such messages are a mandatory part of user accounts and the related use of our Website and (mobile) applications. You can have your account deleted by sending an email to [email protected]
8.2 Right to request information
You have the right to be informed at any time about the personal data stored about you, its origin and recipients as well as the purpose for which it is being stored. Information about stored personal data can be obtained by using the contact details in the Contact Information in section 11.
8.3 Right to request correction
You have the right to request to correct, supplement, delete or block the personal data stored about you. We will notify you as to whether and, if so, to what extent, we will comply with your request. If for any reason we don’t comply with your request, we will provide you with the reasons.
9. Security of the information and data integrity
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing and misuse.
10. Social Networks
Our Website and (mobile) applications provide you Social Plug-ins from various social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our Website or via our (mobile) applications will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter. If you are logged in on one of the social networks during the visit of our Website or (mobile) applications the social network might add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the Social Plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network. In case you do not wish such a data transfer, please log off on your social network before you enter our Website or (mobile) applications.
We cannot influence this data collection and data transfer via the Social Plug-ins. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal data, what rights you have and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
Twitter : http://twitter.com/privacy
Google+ : http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
11. Contact Information
You may also send an email to [email protected]