Make the Raspberry Pi Pico the core of your new buggy project with the Kitronik Compact Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
This board allows the Raspberry Pi Pico (connected via pin header) to drive two motors simultaneously with full forward, reverse & stop control, making it ideal for Pico controlled buggy projects. Alternatively, the board can be used to power a stepper motor. The board features the DRV8833 motor driver IC, which has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
The board has 4 external connections to GPIO pins and a 3V and GND supply from the Pico. This allows for additional IO options for your buggy builds that can be read or controlled by the Pico. In addition there is an on/off switch and power status LED, allowing you to see at a glance if the board is powered up and save your batteries when your project is not in use.
To use the motor driver board, the Pico should have a soldered pin header and be inserted firmly into the connector. The board produces a regulated supply that is fed into the 40-way connector to power the Pico, removing the need to power the Pico directly. The motor driver board is powered via either screw terminals or a servo style connector.
Kitronik has developed a micro-python module and sample code to support the use of the Motor Driver board with the Pico. This code is available in the GitHub repo.
- A compact yet feature-packed board designed to sit at the heart of your Raspberry Pi Pico robot buggy projects.
- The board can drive 2 motors simultaneously with full forward, reverse, and stop control.
- It features the DRV8833 motor driver IC, which has built-in short circuit, over current and thermal protection.
- Additionally, the board features an on/off switch and power status LED.
- Power the board via a terminal block style connector.
- The 3V and GND pins are also broken out, allowing external devices to be powered.
- Code it with MicroPython via an editor such as the Thonny editor.
- 1 x Kitronik Compact Motor Driver Board for Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Length: 63mm.
- Width: 35mm.
- Height: 11.6mm.
- PCB Thickness: 1.6mm
- Mounting Holes (Diameter): 3mm.
- A Raspberry Pi Pico board.