Our new Linear Actuator converts the circular movement of a 180 degree servo (supplied) into motion in a straight line, one way and then the other. It can be mounted to a project to provide either horizontal or vertical movement.
Linear Actuators are useful for a whole host of different applications, like; robots, automated button switching, steering racks for buggies, a point switcher on a model railway, animating a diorama display, etc. Linear actuators are also used extensively in industry and in consumer products, such as; valves, cams, floppy disk drives and optical disk drives, just to name a few.
The Linear Actuator has been cut from a 5mm clear blue Perspex Sheet, the same material as used in our servo powered Klaw gripper. There are a range of mounting holes at either end of the rack including a 3mm hole, a 3mm square, and standard servo horn holes suitable for wire (1mm dia) and it has approximately 20mm of travel. It has a gear ratio of 2:3 and the stall torque of the provided servo is 1.5kg/cm at 6V and 1.3kg at 4.8V.
- The Linear Actuator converts the circular movement of a 180 degree servo (supplied) into motion in a straight line.
- It is supplied with a 180 degree FS90 servo and fixings.
- Useful for a wide range of applications, such as; robotics, switching, animating displays and more.
- Use with boards such as microbit, Arduino, or RaspberryPi.
- It can be used with a number of our microbit accessory boards, such as;
- Servo:Lite board for :MOVE mini.
- Kitronik 16 Servo Driver Board for the BBC micro:bit.
- All-in-one Robotics Board for BBC micro:bit.
- Linear Actuator Laser Cut Parts.
- 1 x Micro 180 Degree Servo and fixings.
- 2 x M3x 10 Pozi PanSteel M/C.
- 1 x M3 Form A Steel Washer.
- Linear Actuator assembly Instructions.
- Small Phillips Screwdriver.