Instead of using coil, packaged solid-state relays(SSR) use power semiconductor devices such as thyristors and transistors, which provide a much faster switching speed than the mechanical relays. The Grove - Solid State Relay V2 is based on the high-quality G3MC202P module, which allows you to use a 5VDC to control MAX. 240VAC. With the help of Grove interface, it becomes very convenient to use the SSR with your arduino.
- Please be careful when working with high voltage AC load, please do not operate with power on.
- This relay only works with AC load, if you use DC load, once the relay is turned on, it will always stay on.
- Due to the leakage current, we do not recommend you to use this relay with low power appliance.
1-Solid-state relays have much faster switching speeds compared with electromechanical relays, and have no physical contacts to wear out.
2-Totally silent operation.
3-No physical contacts means no sparking, allows it to be used in explosive environments, where it is critical that no spark is generated during switching.
4-Increased lifetime, even if it is activated many times, as there are no moving parts to wear and no contacts to pit or build up carbon.
5-Compact, thin-profile SSR of monoblock construction with an all-in-one lead frame incorporates a PCB, terminals and heat sink, which is much smaller than mechanical relays, and can integrate more channels.
1-When closed, higher resistance (generating heat), and increased electrical noise.
2-When open, lower resistance, and reverse leakage current.
3-Only works for AC laod.
- Operations that require low-latency switching, e.g. stage light control.
- Devices that require high stability, e.g. medical devices, traffic signals.
- Situations that require explosion-proof, anticorrosion, moisture-proof, e.g. coal, chemical industries.